Saturday, June 14, 2008

Lauching the boat

We got up at 5 am, I can't belive I was able to move that early in the morning, and we took the boat out to Antelope Island. Putting the mast up was way scary My Dad was way in front of the boat pulling a rope Bob, and Roger were in the boat and I was on the back end on a ladder holding the mast up. We were all in position when we relized I was not even close to strong enough to hold the mast up high enough. No one could move, if my dad moved the mast would fall, Bob and Roger were stuck on the boat because I had the ladder, I was stress out big time when a truck pulled up with two guys in it they came and took my place. He had to stand on the top of the ladder (the do not stand on part) on his tip toes to get it high enouhg in the air that it would go up. I wish I would have taken a picture but I was to scared to even think.
Launching the boat was a bit stressful aswell the Lake is really sallow and it took 3 tries and a guy in his boat with depth finder to find a channel deep enough for our kel. When we finally got the boat in the water, Roger had to leave for his granddaughters birthday. Don't you LOVE Bob's new truck it's so much nicer then his old one... wait a second this isn't his boat it's his Dad's ours broke down on the was to the Island, Thanks Dad for helping us out and letting us borrow your awesome wheels.
Bob, Dad, and I couldn't go throw all that work and not enjoy sailing so we went for a little boat ride. I think I had heat stroke and I was as burned as they come. The Lake was smooth as glass great for water sking crabby for sailing we all just sat their thinking the same think, it was my Dad who finally broke the silence, maybe you should have tried sailing before you bought the boat. It wasn't the fast pace hiked out boating you see in the movies but hey, I'm sure next time will be better,we'll wait for wind.






No comments: