Thursday, February 26, 2009

Kite flying
















We took Preston to the Doctor on Monday and my poor little boy has strep. We have stayed inside for the last tree in a half days, which has drove Bruce crazy. He said to me today can I please go outside and run Mommy, I just need to run. I have been checking his temperature and throat to make sure he isn't getting sick and so far he hasn't shown any signs, so after music makers we put Preston to sleep and went out and enjoyed the spring like weather. The kids loved running the kites up and down the sidewalk. Bruce's kite was the weirdest kite ever he would get it up and then it would fly straight down into the ground. Bruce didn't seem to mind he was happy with it dragging on the ground as he ran up and down the sidewalk.




In case any of you are thinking of flying a kite anytime soon I highly recommend protective ear coverings, like Wynnie has on. If she wasn't flying the kite she would have he Mom hold them, "But make sure you give them back when I fly next." she would say. Flying kites is apparently really noisy.
Wynnie had such a fun time flying the kites, she would run and then spin then run. The only problem was that she often got the kite stuck in trees, power lines esters face you know whatever was close by. Her face would of coarse fall to the sad look you've ever seen, then we'd get the kite unstuck and life was great again.

2 comments:

Amy said...

OHHH... that looks like so much fun!!! We'll have to get some kites and copy you... ELlie is feeling the same as BRuce... she just wants to get outside and RUN!!!

Jill said...

Holy cow I can't believehow big your kids are. Last time I saw Bruce he was a baby! So so cute!