Monday, December 1, 2008

Decorting the Tree


I love Christmas, sharing the story of Christs birth with my kids and why it was so amazing, the smells, the candy, hot chocolate, sledding, spending time with loved ones, all the different decorations, twinkling lights, the looks on my kids faces with each new thing. The first time it snowed Bruce was so excited he was jumping on the stairs ans fell down, I'm sure it hurt but it didn't faz him he ran to the door and opened it up yelling Christmas is here, Christmas is here.


With all that being said I have struggled putting our tree up and all our decorations up I usually do it the day after Thanksgiving, if I could I would to it before Thanksgiving. This year I haven't felt well the surgery I had in Nov. has worn me out, I've had hives that I can't get rid of and all the medication the doctors have given me knocks me out. I finally pulled everything out of storage on Dec. 1 our tree is huge and took for ever to get up then I had to put the lights on 3 different times so that it light up all the tree (I was having a cheap moment and just couldn't spend the $7 it would have taken to buy another stand). Finally we got it up and had so much fun putting on the decorations.


Bruce got so excited about every decoration and loved all the lights he kept saying O it's beautiful. The way he says beautiful is so cute. The whole time the tree was up Bruce would add new ornaments to the tree he'd put his little people and trains in it and he'd always run in and show us his new perfect placement for his toys. It really made the tree look great.





Preston had a lot of fun as well he would point to the tree and speak his cute little Preston language to let us know what ornament he wanted next. Unlike Bruce he enjoyed taken ornaments off the tree and playing with them, not adding news to the tree. I have big stuffed Angels I put on the tree and He loved carrying them around, saying Baby, Baby.











No comments: