Saturday, March 7, 2009

The Union Station

We went to the model train show at the union station today. We got to ride on this fun little train, I thought for sure I was going to break it but Preston wanted to ride but would stay on without me. Luckily it worked fine and I didn't have to stop eating completely because I broke a ride.




I love Bruce's smile he looks like he is having so much fun.



The model's were fun to look at I can't imagine how much time it take the to build these things, look at all the detail. Preston and Bruce had fun watching them drive their trains around the track. It was a mad house, their were so many people there, we lost Bruce for the scariest 5 min of my life, I am going to look into a leash, I don't think I have ever been so scared.
We ate lunch with some really nice people from Roy. The little boy (he was about 6) told us about how is cat climbed into the dryer and his Mom didn't know, so she turned on the dryer. He was in their for a couple of minutes, but is fine now.
Right before we left Preston grabbed my Chi, we put his hand under cold water, and he seemed fine...until we had been at the train station for almost an hour, then he started crying and whipping his hand on my shirt, we got him some ice then made our way out of the maze. He has two sad little blisters on his fingers, it make me so sad, I should have had it up higher, I really didn't think he could get to it...Sad lesson learned. Sometimes being a new Parent is the worst, things you should think about you just don't. Burn or no burn we still had a ton of fun playing with the trains.

No comments: