Friday, March 27, 2009

Ward Kite Flying Activity

What a FUN FUN day. We went to the Big Dee Sports park and flew kites, ran around and ate yummy food. I Love when Kim does stuff with us, which is most the of the time, because she always takes a ton of cute picture, things we do with out her we only get a couple. I need to learn to take more pictures like she does. Everyone brought way cool kites, my favorite was the box kite, the Bucannon's made it and I can't believe it stayed in the air it was a lot heavier then the rest. Bruce loved the eagle, and Pres loved the nemo fish, which never did get in the air, the wind only lasted about 20 min, so if you were late you didn't get to do much flying.





We had bought some dollar ones from the Walmart, they flew great even without much wind, Bob was bummed their wasn't enough wind for his trick kite, I still have yet to see that thing in action. I am either under the weather when he goes out with the boys or the wind isn't strong enough. I really am excited to see it go, maybe one day.





We ate some yummy hamburgers, then all the little kids played on the playground, and the older once played football and tag and such.


Bruce had a ton of fun doing somersault and handstands on the grass. Which became a popular event and soon a bunch of kids were doing cartwheels and handstand. I was watching and cheering on when one of the kids called me old and said I couldn't do hand stands......

I dusted odd my skills and shod them how young I am.... that was the plan anyway, I think I pulled a muscle and I sure didn't have the skills I once had, I still think they were a little impressed. Hannah and I sure had fun goofing around.

Bob shod off how young he was too. He had fun Playing football with the youth and Paul. all was going well until they started a game of smere the guere ( we probably should come up with a new name for that game), Bob was getting tackled and twisted his ankle pretty bad, maybe we should just realize we are old... Or maybe we will just keep getting injured and enjoy living out our old glory days.

No comments: