Monday, May 12, 2008

Mother's Day

It's amazing to me what a difference three years can make. Three years ago Mothers Day was such a hard holiday for me. Not that I didn't enjoy celebrating all the mom's who I love and adore, but something about sitting through church watching all these women who could have kids celebrate killed me a little. I know that is mean and that this was my trial but lets just say I cried a ton on those mothers day but not out of overwhelming joy like now. I remember wondering if I would ever get to be a mother and now to see my sons, what amazing kids they are I'm so grateful for those 4 years that taught me to truly enjoy my kids, that they truly are precious gifts. I am amazed at how fast Bruce has grown, he bring so much joy into my life. He went with Bob to pick out my present so he knew we were celebrating something, but he thought it was a birthday he kept telling me happy birthday. He gave me so many hugs and kisses I love when he climbs up into my lap and says "I cuddle you mom." It seems like Preston has been in our family forever like that was the way its suppose to be. He is learning new things everyday, the other morning when he woke up I wasn't quiet ready to get out of bed so I brought him into my bed he kept blowing me kisses and when I would blow him kisses he would giggle, I love to hear him giggle, the first part of his life breaks my heart so to she him happy is such a gift. I am so glad that he is in our family, we love him so much and I know he feels apart of the family too. He gets so worried around new people and will cuddle into me so tight like I have always been his mom. I get worried ever once in a while about what will happen in court, but I know that no matter what the out come is I will always be his mom and he will always be a part of our family. All those years of preparing and hoping for a family I never imagined how much your heart is capable of loving, how watching your children accomplish new things they've been working on can make you so proud. I am so grateful to my Father in Heaven for trusting me to raise these wonderful boys. I am also so thankful to my sons birth mom's they are such an important part of our life. I am so glad for the friendship I share with each one of them, I can honestly say that I love them dearly, and that their isn't a day that goes by that I don't think about them. I had a great mothers day today how could you not when your kids are so amazing. I hope all you mom's had a great day too.

No comments: